Saturday, December 31, 2011

OOTD 12/30/2011 - English Countryside

Given my penchant for shoes, my collection is sorely lacking in the area of boots.  I may have three pair and none are the knee-high style for jean tucking.

So, Christmas money in hand, I had a mission...fill the void!

I made several stops before I hit pay dirt.  Too tall, too small.  Too dark, too stark.  Too big, too bad I have the calves of a twig.  But finally persistence paid off and I found just what I was looking for....perfect fit, perfect hit (right at the knee).  Perfect shade, perfect(ly) made.  Perfect heel, perfect deal!  Just $89!


 

    J Crew Tweed Ruffle Coat - Size 4
Merona for Target Chambray Shirt - Size S
Old Navy Leopard Scarf
American Eagle Skinny Jeans - Size 6
Mossimo for Target Leather Belt - Size M
aBound Leather Boots from Nordstrom Rack


Happy New Year, Friends!

9 comments:

  1. Goldilocks with the boots! It's perfection with the coat!! Happy new year ... xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...you funny girl! I can't tell you how much I love this coat! IT is perfection! Happy new year to you too! Mmmwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute boots! I find the most enjoyable shopping experience is to hunt high and low for the perfect items and once you found it and is a great deal, what a bonus!

    Happy New Year!

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is adorable, and congrats on your new boots!

    Have a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calves of a twig...haha, I can relate to that! Glad you found the perfect boots, they look terrific on you.

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small Town Gal...typically, I get these specific ideas of what I'm looking for and then have trouble finding an item that exactly fits the bill. Fortunately, this time it all worked out! :o)

    FFM...thanks and thanks!! I hope your new year is off to a great start!

    ABC...Thank you! So you understand calves of a twig?! I swear, I tried on some boots that I could have gotten both legs in. :D
    Happy New Year! Wishing you a year of health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this post is from a long time ago, but question for you... I found your site when I did an image search for that exact J Crew coat. I bought the same one several years ago and it's missing. I loved it so much I was hoping they still sell it. Did you find it at the regular J Crew store or the outlet? Did you get it last winter?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lindsay...so sorry that your coat is missing! :o(
    They don't currently sell it, but I would suggest stalking ebay. I got this one last year for a steal on ebay...it's the outlet version. They had the retail version and a year or so later did a version for the outlet. Just some food for thought, if you're able to locate one on ebay...according to reading the fashion blogs the retail predecessor runs smaller than the outlet recreation. Hope this helps and that you're able to track one down! Let me know if you need anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your help! Good to know about the sizing in the retail vs outlet coat.

    ReplyDelete