Saturday, December 10, 2011

OOTD 12/10/2011 - Fragrance of Christmas

Today's post title has nothing to do with my OOTD.  However, what I'm going to share with you does.  Typically, during the holiday season we have more "traffic" through our homes...family visiting for the holidays and Christmas parties, as well as, New Year's celebrations.  In a tribute to the spirit of the season, I like our home to smell of Christmas...Warmth, spice, cinnamon and coziness.

So here you go:
2 cups of water
1 tbsp whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp nutmeg
Put on stove and simmer.  Replenish water as needed.

On occasion, I've also added some orange peel and 1 tsp of pickling spice.  Enjoy!


 J Crew Stripe Tissue Tee - Size XS
J Crew Honeycomb Cable Sweater in Poppy - Size XS
J Crew Celtic Herringbone in Gray - Size 6
J Crew Matchstick Jeans - Size 27
J Crew Stripe Jersey Scarf
Enzo Angiolini Quilted Flats in Black

6 comments:

  1. Paying attention to all of our senses when creating the mood is so important! Thanks for a wonderful & easy recipe for a stove-top scent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a holiday fragrance too, and usually combine the same things to simmer on the stovetop.

    What a pretty jacket! It's super cute with your red top and striped scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crew Cricket...you are oh so welcome! Enjoy!

    ABC...Doesn't it smell sooo good?! I love rich, spicy scents. Thanks, I love this little jacket...its from Holiday 2006. I like it so much in fact, I have the camel herringbone as well. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit! Super cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete