Monday, March 19, 2012

Review: J Crew Jewel Necklace Tee

Are you striped out yet?  If not, you may be interested in J Crew's Jewel Necklace Tee.  Its part of the J Crew Collection and at $138 the price is steep.


That being said, it is super cute and the fit is tts. (I'm wearing my normal Small).  It is 100% cotton in a medium weight which supports the weight of the jewels nicely (no sagging, drooping, etc) and no thin, see-thru material.  Hopefully, the pic captures the texture of the material.




It is white with black stripes and the jewels are white and off-white.  I'm also a fan of the elbow sleeves.  I really like this tee a lot but even with the current promo (price $110), the price is still a bit high.  However, if it makes it to markdown (into double digits), I may bite.

What are your thoughts?  Do you like this tee?

To come....I'll be reviewing J Crew's Schoolboy Blazer in Tipped Linen.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice that top before - but I adore it! I don't think I could stomach a tee for over $100 though - here's hoping it hits sale with an additional % off and I get lucky! Or we both get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love it when someone dangles the carrot in your face?! :oP Yep, hopefully we both get lucky! and quickly, please! Patience is not my strong suit. :o)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I love it on you and I love it - I bought it too and it arrived last week. I took pics when I wore it on Friday but hadn't posted them yet, lol...you beat me! :D There is another top in the stores that has wider and narrower navy stripes on a cream background, with pretty heavy soutash trim - I didn't like it quite as much, as there is a slit in the front that is a bit too low and too open. I just figured out that recently I added 5 stripe tops - ENOUGH - b/c they're really not as flattering on me! :D
    Thanks for your review and pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have "the stripe sickness"! I can't even venture a guess at how many stripe pieces that I own...Enough, is right! But yet, I don't stop! :o)
      Waiting to see your irl pics.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is SO much better on you and in YOUR pics than what it seems online at J Crew. It's much more chic and one can never have enough stripes - at least that is what I'm telling myself. Or polka dots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, stripes and polka dots...I just keep buying them. and thanks for the sweet comments!

      Delete
  4. Love this top. Thanks for the review, I might bite with the promo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Julie. I remembered that you were eyeing this one...I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

      Delete
  5. So cute.. much better execution than the pink tissue tee they did a couple years ago. The whole beaded part sagged... and it was $150!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that! Definitely, much better execution on their part this time...none of the sagging, etc.

      Delete
  6. Great Review! I had not even notice that top - the beading is gorgeous. I'm with you. If it falls below $100, I may be interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, this top is really is gorgeous! Hopefully, it will make it to sale (with an additional percent off, preferably) and we can both snag one. :o)

      Delete