Wednesday, March 7, 2012

OOTD 3/7/2012- Not So Vibrant

I may be wearing the vibrant flame pencil skirt, but I'm actually kind of bummed.  My best friend of twelve years who also happens to be a co-worker has accepted another job and her last day is Friday.  I'm so excited for her because its a great opportunity and she will be working closer to home.  However, therein lies the problem....from our office, I live forty-five minutes one way and she lives about an hour in the other direction.

I know we will still remain friends but it will be different.  and Dangit, I don't want different!  I'm also struggling with the fact that my son will be going off to college in about six months and that's exactly what someone said about that....that the relationship is still good, just different!  There it is again...different.  Change sucks!  :o) 

Sorry, to blather on about my problems....I realize that this is a fashion blog and neither of these issues has one thing to do with fashion.  So having said that, onto my OOTD.....


J Crew Cashmere Turtleneck in Vicuna - Size S
J Crew No.2 Double Serge Pencil Skirt in Vibrant Flame
J Crew Factory Tortoise and Fireball Necklace
Target Brown Tights
J Crew Plaid Spectator Mary Jane Pumps

4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that you are not feeling so vibrant.maybe in retrospect you will see something good in it.
    at least you look vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ina...you're too sweet! It will all work out...as for my friend this is a great opportunity for her, so I'm super excited for her. And as for my son going off to college, well I guess that's just the circle of life. I'll get used to it eventually but not without a few tears. :o)

      Delete
  2. That really stinks. I know how hard it is to be away from friends. Mine are scattered across the country at this point :( Hopefully wearing such lovely outfits will cheer you up a little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, change is hard! It feels like a break-up. :o) Thanks for your encouragement! and at least the cute clothes take my mind to something fun!

      Delete