Friday, March 2, 2012

OOTD 3/2/2012 - Morning Scramble

In an effort to make my mornings run more smoothly, I always choose my outfit and get everything together the night before.  However, this morning things didn't go as planned.  What I had chosen...well it looked good in theory, but in reality something was a bit off. 

See...good, right?!

Ummm, not so much.


I couldn't put my finger on the problem so in the end, I chose to switch out the blazer for a navy cardigan.  I think it turned out better though I'm still not sure what the issue was with my original outfit.  Any ideas?


J Crew Factory Striped Perfect Shirt - Size S
J Crew Featherweight Cardigan in Navy- Size S
American Eagle Skinny Jeans in Poppy Orange - Size 4
J Crew Crystal Snowball Necklace
Michael Kors Suede Driving Loafers

8 comments:

  1. Seems to me that the navy and orange pants work as a complimentary team where as the neutral blazer only got swallowed up by the orange. Reminds me of a outgoing extrovert (orange) and an timid introvert (neutral) standing on the same stage. One is gonna get the spotlight (orange). But when both orange & navy are on the same stage, they act as co- hosts. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes perfect sense...thanks for the analogy! and for stopping by to explain my quandary. :o)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jane's comment about the blazer being swallowed up by the orange. I also think the blazer and that specific button-up go together in a very classic sense, and the orange pants seem like the odd man out. It seems like the top portion of the outfit needed to provide some sort of hint that the orange pants were coming. Without seeing the pants in real life, it's hard to know, but I wonder if a different shirt under the blazer would pull the three items together. Then again, the navy blazer and the orange pants work perfectly, and the look is really cute. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E...thanks for weighing in! I agree...the top was more classic and then..whoa, here come the orange pants. They were just a little much for the otherwise neutral blazer.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Jane as well. The pants needed a dark color to anchor the outfit. I think you nailed it on the second try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the comments above totally nailed it, so I won't add any advice, but just wanted to say that as always you look amazing! Orange pants! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks Megan...You're too sweet! Yep, orange pants! and yellow too! I'm getting bold in my old age! :o)

    ReplyDelete