Sunday, March 11, 2012

OOTD 3/11/2012 - Old School

I already knew that Ebay was fabulous but as I was getting ready to go out to lunch with my parents, I was reminded of that fact all over again.

Everything in today's outfit, except the jeans and the pearls, were scored on Ebay.  All of the items were reasonably priced and well, some were just down right cheap.  For instance, the tee was a mere five dollars and change...and that's with shipping!!




J Crew Candy Tee - Size M
J Crew Lexington Jacket - Size 6
American Eagle Skinny Jeans - Size 4
J Crew Factory Twisted Pearl Hammock Necklace
J Crew Kinzie Calf-Hair Ballet Flats
J Crew Fireball Bracelet

With the increase of J Crew's prices and the decline of their quality and workmanship as of late, I've been snatching up some missed old school pieces.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the new stuff too but the quality of the older pieces are markedly better.  For instance, the jackets today, don't hold a candle to the Lexington Blazer.  It probably has more craftsmanship on the inside than most of the current offerings have in total.  Not to mention the beautiful hardware and quality materials...this jacket feels like it weighs about five pounds.  I'm exaggerating but it is quality with a capital "Q".

Do you ebay?  If so, what are some of your fabulous finds?

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit!!! As always, you look super cute. My favorite old school J. Crew eBay score was the Neon Azalea Bella Jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rynetta! Oh, the azalea bella is a score indeed! I searched ebay forever for that one to no avail, but I did finally find an old J Crew Robert Noble raspberry wool blazer that's an excellent stand-in.

      Delete
  2. I have that Lexington and I agree, it is a beautiful item!

    I am definitely going to try this look out sometime. :)

    Great price on the tee, btw. Love the yellow on you, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If J Crew did the Lexington today, they would try and charge us a mint for it!

      Sometime, after that beautiful baby is born?! :o)

      Delete
  3. Great finds on ebay! I will have to start looking there too. I find the new arrivals at J. Crew are cute but very pricey. By the time they go on sale, fall may have arrived already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely start perusing ebay...you'll be amazed.

      I agree, they still have some cute offerings but they are very pricey and the quality is just not the same. Do I still buy? (Hangs head in shame) I do...but I TRY to wait for a promo. :o)

      Delete
  4. That is a cute, cute, cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness do I love this look!!! This is absolutely adorable! If I was not on a shopping ban I would rush out to find all of these pieces and copy! So so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I was very lucky to find this jacket. and if you can find this tee as cheap as I did, it won't even count against the shopping ban. ;o)

      Delete