Friday, March 9, 2012

Review: J Crew Factory Thandie Sweater

Another Crewlet find...the Thandie Sweater. (in viridian green)  I have the retail Tippi in both vibrant flame and navy...so when I saw the Thandie for almost half of the price, I had to check it out.


As you know the Tippi rings up at $72.50, while its Factory successor is a mere $44.50. (and if you can apply one of J Crew's 30 percent off promos, well, Thandie is looking better and better)

Unlike the Tippi, the Thandie is 100% cotton and featherweight cotton at that.  The lightweight fabric will be great for summer; however, the lighter colors are very see-thru.  Therefore in order not to be arrested for indecent exposure, you will need to layer a shirt underneath, which kind of defeats the purpose of a summer sweater.  (I recommend buying the darker colors) 

The fit of the two is almost identical.  The only difference that I could see was that it was a bit more narrow than my Tippi.  I'm wearing a S in both.



Have you tried the Thandie?  What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I actually just got my viridian green thandie last night and I love it! So pretty and I just put a very sheer cami underneath so all was well! I love the 100% cotton feel of it and was very pleased - it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased too...and for the price, well you can't beat it! I didn't even find that I needed to layer under this one, so it should be perfect for spring and summer.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to love it but I couldn't deal with the sheerness. So disappointing! It looks great on you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, too bad! But, knowing us there is some other little "pretty" around the corner that will catch your eye. :o)

      Delete
  3. Great review and very pretty sweaters. I do prefer merino to cotton though, but I can see Thandie being great forSpring and Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Slastena...I definitely think the merino will hold up better over time.

      Delete