Saturday, November 12, 2011

OOTD 11/12/2011

This morning I had some errands to run and it was very chilly here, so I thought, "What's a better way to warm up, than with a cup of hot chocolate?" (I'm not a coffee drinker  :o))  So, I pulled through the Starbucks drive thru and ordered a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.  Yummmmy!!  It's a mixture of milk, mocha sauce, toffee nut and vanilla syrup topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce and sea salt.  Try one and let me know what you think.  :o)

As for my outfit, it was inspired by a friend on polyvore, and I added another jacket to help fight off the cold.  It started with my J Crew stripe painter tee...love this shirt!  My cost per wear has to be change by now.  If you missed out on the retail version, the factory store is offering it now in three colors (navy, cedar and charcoal) for $24.50. (Check it out here)  It would be a great piece to add to your wardrobe that you can wear year-round.

Over the stripe tee, I layered my wool-cashmere hoodie...and over that, I layered the LL Bean Corduroy jacket.  I like this "layering thing" and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I also added my pearls and leopard flats which added a little touch of polish and panache.


J Crew Stripe Painter Tee in Navy from Holiday 2010 -Size S
J Crew Linda Hoodie in Gray from Holiday 2008 - Size S
J Crew Factory Hammock Twisted Pearl Necklace
J Crew Matchstick Jeans - Size 27
LL Bean Corduroy Jacket in Navy - Size 4
J Crew Christiane Calf Hair Ballet Flats

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love this, and I think I might know who you got this idea from, I draw a lot of inspiration from her too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. striped tees are so versatile,the outfit is perfect for a casual day.i like esp. the pearls and leopard with it.
    btw. i put a picture of me with my elephant neclace on my blog if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen...Thanks! I love those girls on pv...I get so many great ideas from them all. :o)

    Ina...Thanks a bunch! I didn't know you had a blog...but I'm your newest follower! :o) Glad you are enjoying your elephant necklace...and you are as cute as a button!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love layering blazers with hoodies and pretty baubles to top it all off :) I have the same cord blazer in deep loden (forest green) and it goes perfectly with plaid shirts and slim jeans. BTW, I received the gift card, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love these blazers?! I think they are the best and what a steal! So glad you got the gift card...buy something pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete