Monday, October 24, 2011

OOTD 10/24/2011

"Great fashion is all about surprise.  It should always be about doing something that isn't by the book."...Reed Krakoff, President and Executive Creative Director of Coach, Inc.

What a great quote!  I like that little unexpected something...a dash of animal print, a bold color combination and the like.  Today, the unexpected something is animal print, which I do quite often...so, for me perhaps, it's not that unexpected.  Oh well.......

In addition to my tortoise print pumps and belt, I did some layering and turned my cuffs back Crew style.  I feel very J Crew catalog today.  :o)


J Crew Space Dyed Tee - Size S
J Crew Cotton Contrast Stitch Shirt - Size 6
J Crew Featherweight Cotton Cardi in Navy - Size S
J Crew Perfect Pencil Skirt in Cinnamon Stick - Size 6
J Crew Skinny Tortoise Patent Belt
J Crew Juliet Tortoise Patent Pumps

5 comments:

  1. I really like this combination!! I always struggle with this cinnamon stick color. Now, thanks to you, I have styling options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tortoise with the cinnamon and chambray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have a lot of similar J.Crew items in our closets. :) It's great to see the pretty skirt in your outfit and I really like the tortoise accessories with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rynetta...Yay! Glad you like it! You also might try gray and camel is pretty too with this color.

    Lisa...how do you go wrong with tortoise?! You can't in my book anyway. :o)

    ABC...I think your closet, like mine, is about 90% J Crew. :o) The color of this skirt is so pretty and perfect for fall...even the name (cinnamon stick) evokes thoughts of fall and the holidays.

    ReplyDelete