Friday, September 16, 2011

Get the Look: Marissa Webb

When I first layed eyes on the outfit sported by Marissa Webb, J Crew's head of womenswear, in the post, "Behind the Seams" on J Crew Aficionada, I was in love!  However, I believe the sweater she is wearing is Michael Kors and I don't have $1,200 to drop on a sweater.  So, imagine my surprise when "kittywitty" one of my polyvore buddies, posted a set with a perfect and cost efficient alternative from Old Navy. 


This is a great little sweater at a great price point...$32.94.  It's medium-light weight with three-quarter length sleeves and nice saturated color. (Beautiful bright cobalt blue and black)  If you purchase/order, I would suggest sizing up...I am typically a small in J Crew sweaters but went with a medium in this one.  It has a nice fitted silhouette without being too tight. 

In order to achieve the Marissa Webb look, I added my check shirt underneath and layered my necklaces in the same fashion.  I thought it turned out really cute!  However, I did have one co-worker give me a side-ways glance and say, "Stripes with checks, I would never wear that."  So, I don't know if I missed the mark or if its just too fashion forward for this group.  Nevertheless, I LIKE it!  :o)   


10 comments:

  1. Your co-worker actually said that to you? How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great!! I get that all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. E...yep, she really did! But it's not the first time. She frequently has comments on my attire. Once, she asked me why I had red shoes on and nothing else in my outfit was red. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Milljcrew! For sure you have to be thick-skinned, don'tcha?! You just wonder if they never learned that lesson, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your co-worker was definitely off the mark because this combination is fabulous! I LOVE the stripes with the check, its adorable and so chic looking :-) Darn you because now I am going to have to go buy that sweater so I can try this out as well lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee! :o) Well, at least it's cheap! Besides, serves you right because you did that review on the factory prince of wales and I HAD to buy that today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I KNEW this combo you made would look fab! I LOVE it! Some people just don't get fashion/style! You look awesome! And I love your necklaces with it! I can't wait to wear my ON sweater with this shirt (and if I'm lucky, with the stripe one, too!). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great. Don't listen to your co-worker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kittywitty! and thanks for letting us know about this great little sweater! Yep, maybe we'll get a markdown soon on the stripe version...fingers crossed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tammy...you girls are the BEST! Mmmwah!

    ReplyDelete