Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: J Crew Lucille Dress in Scalloped Eyelet

I was excited about this dress after seeing how cute it was on some other bloggers.  Unfortunately for me, it wasn't quite as grand.
J Crew describes it as:
We were instantly charmed by this shift's feminine, retro-inspired feel—not to mention its classic, flattering fit. Softly shirred around the waist with a dot-embroidered eyelet and a tiny scalloped edge at the neck for a sweet finish.
  • Cotton
  • Sleeveless
  • Fitted
  • Straight Skirt
  • Falls to Knee
  • Lined
  • Hidden Back Zip
  • Side-Seam Pockets
  • Back Vent
  • Machine Wash

It retailed for $188 but has been marked down to $119.99 and comes in brilliant purple, as well as, white.
I'm wearing a size 4, which seemed to fit well in the shoulders and chest...but then below the waist it seemed to balloon out a bit and I had this little pooch.  and no one wants a pooch!!  My waist/stomach is where I carry my extra weight, so I don't need to draw any extra attention to that area.
Other than the pooch, it was a nice dress...good length, lightweight for summer but not see-thru and I love the pockets.

Have you tried the eyelet lucille dress?  If so, what were your thoughts?


5 comments:

  1. I love mine, and yours looks great on you. I belt it with a bright belt. I hear about the pooch- it's not really that noticeable and same thing happens with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I didn't think about the belt...I'll def have to try that. and you're probably right about the little pooch because you only really notice it from the side.

      Delete
  2. Well I don't really see the "pooch" you're talking about, but I understand how you feel about not wanting to draw any extra attention there! I wonder if the purple color would be better on you, with the darker color helping to conceal it. I absolutely LOVE the purple version and have one waiting on me for when I get home. I am looking forward to trying it with a belt like Slastena suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dress looks great on you! I got this dress in the purple colour and the skirt does puff out a bit, but it is not that noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the dress looks pretty on you, although I am interested in how the purple one would look on you.

    ReplyDelete