Saturday, August 28, 2010

J Crew Spotted in Southern Living

As I was flipping through my latest September issue of  "Southern Living", I spotted J Crew.  For those of you who don't know, Southern Living is a magazine about what else, living in the south.  The articles feature anything from places in the south to visit, gardening for plants that grow in the south, southern style cooking, etc.  Anyway, much to my surprise, there it was...spotted J Crew.


 J Crew Icon Trench $298 Crafted from Japanese cotton that looks as amazing as it feels, our newest trench boasts lots of smart dressmaker details and modern styling features (like the shirring at the neck) that make this icon one you'll wear year after year. Rounded collar with topstitching. Self belt with adjustable closure. Back flange. Interior piping. Long sleeves. Vertical flap pockets. Back vent with functional tab closure. Fully lined. Hits at thigh. Import. Machine wash.

Exhibitor pouchette $198 For those of us who love keeping our carryall options open, we're thrilled to introduce this cleverly tough-chic design chameleon in luscious leather with a glossy gold zipper and chain hardware. This shape-shifting little dynamo features a zipper-accented cross-body strap that can be attached to the middle of the bag to create a smaller fold-over style. Crafted in smooth, luxurious leather, it has antiqued-finish gold-plated hardware, a top snap and zip closure and two exterior zip pockets. At any size, this über-versatile two-in-one wonder is our hands-down must-have this season. Cotton twill lining. Import. Comes with dust bag. 22" handle drop. 12"H x 8"W x 1 1/4"D.


Based on the picture, I think I actually prefer the daughter's pick of trench, although I'm much closer to the mother's age. (Shhhh!)   I like the added details of the ties on the sleeves and the shorter length.  The purse, no way...I could never get all of my junk in there.  I definitely need the mom's purse.  

I tell ya, you just never know where J Crew will pop up next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment